Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

Can I Use the Word Irregardless in Scrabble?

Absolutely not. It is not a word. It does not mean anything. Do not use it anywhere. If you utter this word aloud in any group of people, there will be derisive eye rolling behind your back among knowing users. Use the word regardless instead. Regardless of the facts, he claimed he was never at the scene of the crime. You can use irrespective too if you want to. Irrespective of the facts, he maintained he never used that word in his entire life. Maybe that's where you took the wrong turn. Mutating and blending regardless and irrespective. Trust me. If you find it in any dictionary you will be advised that "[the word] is...a long way from general acceptance."

Comments:
I love you! How often have I heard this! My ears can no longer take it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?